Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Monet and The Impressionsts music videos

 DAY TWO


There are countless videos about Monet on Youtube but very few about that wonderful BBC production The Impressionists starring Richard Armitage as Monet as a young man and Julian Glover portraying Monet in the late stage of his life.

Here is a video by KatSw3 which I am not able to embed:


This was Bccmee's first fanvid. It is remarkably good, especially for a first video!  I was pleased to be able to interview her recently. (Her interview is here.)  The music is Ave Verum Corpus as performed by Rhydian.






This one is one of my favourites which is no longer on Youtube but Vimeo. It is one of Yorkshirewench's earlier videos.  As it is password protected, in order to watch it you will need to enter the following password; butterfly

The Impressionists - Monet - Upside Down from yorkshirewench on Vimeo.


***UPDATE***(07/18/2014)
I think this next one must be a re-upload (for which I am grateful).  I don't think it was available when I first put this post together.

You Can't Hurry Love - Richard Armitage (The Impressionists) / by Miss Hale78


This video by the very talented Elvira Sweeney shows Richard Armitage as Monet
in his every mood.



And last but not least....I almost forget to include this lovely video by 19bt80

9 comments:

Mulubinba said...

Lovely Phylly - thank you!! (I once managed to contact one of the composers of the original score - there were three). I was hoping the score would be available somewhere but unfortunately it isn't :(. I must ask Nat where she found the track she has on her blog.

Anonymous said...

The katsw3 Impressionist video is my favorite RA video of all.

Avalon said...

So many wonderful vids

NovemberBride said...

Gee thanks Phylly. I've resisted the temptation to order The Impressionists for months. Amazon will also thank you! I especially loved Ave Verum Corpus and now have Rhydian singing it as well as Bryn Terfel! Another wonderful thing about this fandom...discovering new music! THanks!

bccmee said...

I really must watch The Impressionists again. It's so lovely to see one of Richard Armitage's characters smile so much. I recently had a meetup with a friend in Philadelphia and we saw several Monet paintings in the museum there. Here in New York City, I often go see the Monets and other Impressionist works. Thanks so much for featuring one of my videos too!

Fanny/iz4blue said...

Wonderful post Phyllis!! Thanks for that new impressionist channel!! I heartily agree with your choices particularly with Yorkshirewench!
I've just gotten that piece of music too that Mulimbinba is referring to, it's Rachel Portman's and is the Main Title to The Cider House Rules soundtrack!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHk1P9iwOQQ

I've just been compiling my list of favorite fanvids per character; http://distractedinreality.wordpress.com

Summer said...

I enjoy watching The Impressionists DVD, love Richard's performance, his lovely smile; his deep pain after his wife's death was really moving. The series is so colorful just like The Impressionists' paintings!
I'm addicted to RA fanvids and love The Impressionists ones.

Phylly3 said...

@Summer--Yes. I heartily agree! I only wish there were more!
@Iz4blue-- Can't wait to see your stuff! I have been missing so much!

Phylly3 said...

@All-- Thanks so much for your comments. I will be sure to get back to you when I am back home!