Sunday, May 29, 2011

Thank you message!

Here are some shiny, lovely things from two websites I don't mention often enough here. First, more pictures from the Joe Makgorti photoshoot provided by the amazing Russian fansite: http://armitage-online.ucoz.ru/
Then, early this morning (or last night -- depending where you are in the world) was this piece of awesomeness from Annette's marvelous website: Richard Armitage Online -- the latest message from the man himself!



Communication has been restored!
Dear All,
I wanted to post a message to say a huge thank you for your generosity of donations to the Christchurch fundraiser on 22nd May, I gather there was a considerable contribution from members of our little community, which is gratefully received to help a rather larger and damaged community 'rise up' get back on its feet. I am so grateful and proud to see such support from so far away, you really are hugely reliable when it comes to those in need. Thank you. I hope our little teaser want too much of a tease, it is so difficult to give anything away, of the movie we are making but we had to do something; I have resisted signing anything 'Hobbity', until the film is finished (just a little bit superstitious) but I was very proud to add my name to the book for Christchurch.
I had a belated request from a certain Wizard about some cello playing, now as a music lover, and particularly that instrument, I can see how that might be a real possibility and perhaps a joy to hear...if Yo Yo Ma were asked. However, raising money for charity by simulating the sound of a strangled cat whose claws are clinging onto a chalkboard for dear life, whilst someone in another room tries to tune a radio in, would result in a charity deficit, with demands for refunds and compensation to boot. So I may have to decline for now, until I have had time to practice a bit more.
With regards for requests for social media, blogs tweets etc. I have always worried that I will reveal something about the project I am working on that I am not allowed to, added to the fact that I am just about up to e mailing and little more, I may have to abstain for now.
So were are about to depart for our short hiatus and I will be sorry to say farewell to Wellington and NZ, one of the most exciting places I have been lucky enough to live and work, not just a magnificent landscape but a warm, friendly, generous and really cool community, which has welcomed us with open arms. Seriously this place has to go to the top of the Bucket List.
Much Love
RA

I have to thank several bloggers for inspiring Richard's latest message.  Calexora from Befuddled Musings must be beside herself with happiness for having her idea for the Cello Challenge mentioned in the letter.  It was a great idea and probably got many of us thinking of donating something to the Rise Up Christchurch Telethon.   Then Servetus from Me + Richard created her own challenge to the RA fandom to leave a comment on her blog and she would match the comments with a dollar donation.  Frenz from RAFrenzy matched her as well as Judiang from Confessions of a Watcher and probably several more people (who may have remained anonymous).  The total of all donations exceeded $2,000 (US).
Today, I woke up earlier than usual this morning and immediately checked my gmail account.  That is when I saw Jonia's message from Facebook (Jonia's Cut Blog) and followed her link to Annette's site.   What an exciting day today, and all before noon!

***UPDATE*** (Later the same day)

If you are a regular reader to this blog you will know that I usually have a music video on almost every post (if I can think of an appropriate one).  I was looking for a song about giving thanks to people but the ones that I liked didn't have approprate lyrics.  But I just read a comment here by Bccmee about today being such a lovely Sunday and that reminded me of this song!

Daniel Boone / Beautiful Sunday


Thanks Bccmee! It's an oldie but goodie.

7 comments:

bccmee said...

Such a lovely Sunday for us all! I'm so grateful to everyone who initiated the fundraising efforts. Excellent work, everyone!

Anonymous said...

Hi Phylly, it's my first comment in your blog.:)
I wonder if he knows how important his messages are to "our little community"...
Aldebaran

Phylly3 said...

@Bccmee -- It is indeed a beautiful Sunday. You have inspired me to update my post with a song. :)

@Aldebaran -- So nice to hear from new commenters! I hope Richard does realize that we do care about him and appreciate his approval. But I also hope he doesn't worry about it too much. He seems very level headed and good humoured, but isn't that part of what is so attractive about him?

mulubinba said...

OMG - that song brings back memories!! I had just arrived back in Australia after living in Madrid at the time and was suffering dreadfully from leaving all my friends in Spain. Culture shock!! It's not a bad memory, just a sentimental one.

As for RA's message, very nice. I don't expect them these days. What did you make of the last paragraph, BTW? I sensed a bit of sentimentality connected with leaving NZ. He is returning .... I hope ... maybe he is leaving friends like I did all those years ago ..... I had a dream he got married not long ago and it was lovely :)

Traxy said...

It's a fab song! :)

Phylly3 said...

@mulubinba -- You lived in Spain? How cool is that? :) Glad to bring you a special memory!
I never really considered that last paragraph as anything more than a shout out of appreciation to his NZ friends and a recommendation to others to visit... But now that you've pointed it out, it does seem a little interesting that he sounds so sad to be leaving if it is just a "short" hiatus. Maybe he DID meet someone! :)

Phylly3 said...

@Traxy -- Glad you liked the song! It always makes me smile. I do like to sing it quite a bit so I'm glad I remembered it.