Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year 2013!

Now it's time to put the old year behind us and bring out our good wishes for the new one to come. I was thrilled that my last year's wish (which I thought was just a pipe dream) actually came true - when Richard Armitage visited Canada - Toronto, Ontario (to be exact) even if only briefly.  The interviews he gave there were some of his best, IMHO!
RA at Toronto Union Station (photo courtesy of RANet)


I have had a good year here in Blogger land, meeting new bloggers and fans and watching Richard Armitage's career finally begin to take off into the upper echelons of stardom!  (Currently his starmeter on IMDb is at #2 after languishing in the triple digits for years.)  It was wonderful to read the stories of several fans all over the world who were lucky enough to catch a real life glimpse of him, get his autograph or actually have a conversation with him!

We have a lot to look forward to seeing in his career for 2013.

Summer of 2013 will be the debut of Black Sky starring Richard Armitage as teacher from the American midwest who is searching for his son in the aftermath of a tornado.  December 2013 will be part 2 of The Hobbit, which I am sure I will enjoy even more than the first part!

In between those two projects we are hoping he will finally start work on his dream project for a movie about Richard III.  Please read the latest news about it at this blog.

Plus, I am still hoping to hear more about this movie, which has been stalled due to "a certain actor's" casting commitments.  (I am hoping it is Richard they have been waiting for!)

I have so many good wishes for Richard for the coming year, for his career and also for his personal life - too many to list, but mostly they are the same as for you, my dear readers.  As I always wish: May you be happy, healthy, and wise! 




7 comments:

Faboamanto said...

Very Happy New Year to you

Lovely Post!

You are so right, the end of 2012 was just wonderful for all RA fans and like you I'm so looking forward to 2013. I also hope that movie they were holding for "that actor" means what you hope it means :)

Phylly3 said...

Thanks @Faboamanto! I've got my fingers and toes crossed! :)

Collar City Brownstone said...

Happy New Year to you too Phylly. 2012 was wonderful for me, especially since it was the year that I found out about Richard Armitage.

Peace, Love and Joy!

Anonymous said...

2012 was a wonderful year for Mr. A. Tour and interviews show a relaxed and joyful actor! (Even to "doing stunts" on M. Denis and Strombo shows! If HRH can do "srunts" with Bond, why not?)

A very happy New Year and 2013, Phylly!

Please some comics around rhese?

fitzg

Servetus said...

Mazel tov Canada, and happy new year 2013! I agree we have so much to be happy about and so much to look forward to. I hope you have a great year!

Phylly3 said...

@collarcitybrownstone - Yes, that was an exciting discovery! I was glad to discover your blog too! :)

@fitzg - Thanks for your great comments! As for comics, I can't promise anything. I am attempting to do at least one for each of his roles. I'm not sure about real-life comics...

@servetus- Wow! I can't speak for all of Canada, but thanks very much! ;)

Flora Waycott said...

I ennjoyed reading this